Since our last walk, Make-A-Wish® has granted more than 15,400 wishes nationwide, and 331 in our community alone, thanks to your support! We hope you will join us again this year to transform lives, one wish at a time!
Let’s get walking! Need help signing up? It’s easy and quick, and we’ll walk you through it:
- Go to http://philadesv.wish.org
- Click on “Ways to Help” located on the upper-right side of the page
- Scroll down and click on the picture that says “Walk for Wishes”
- Click “Register Online Today”
There are three registration options: start a new team, join an existing team (you’ll be able to search for the team by name), or join as an individual. Remember: if you start a team, you will be the captain. Simply follow the instructions and fill out all necessary information including a team name and fundraising goal.
Things to note:
- There is a fee of $25 for adult walkers over the age of 12. For children ages 2-12, there will be a $5 registration fee. For children under 2 years of age, registration is free!
- If you are a new participant you will need to create a username and password.
- If you raise $50 or more, you get a free t-shirt!
- Once you register yourself, you can register family members.
Once your team is set up, go to the Participant Center where you should fill out your personal page. We want to get to know you better, so make sure to tell us about who you are and why you have decided to become a team captain. Fill out your teams page and tell us a little bit about why you are participating and what your fundraising goal is! Don’t forget to add a picture!
Need some tips for fundraising? We got you covered! We will be posting some of our fundraising ideas on this blog throughout the months leading up to the walk, including: sharing your team page on Facebook, sending emails and letters to family and friends, holding bake sales, and making merchandise to sell. Stay tuned for more!
We would love for you to post your favorite Walk fundraising ideas to our social media pages and tag us (@MakeAWishPHL)! If you have any questions at all, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (215)-654-9355. Thank you for your fundraising efforts and for your continued involvement with Make-A-Wish® Philadelphia, Delaware & Susquehanna Valley. We can’t wait to see you this Fall!