We are so excited to have your help with raising awareness and funds for Make-A-Wish®Philadelphia, Delaware & Susquehanna Valley as a participant of Walk for Wishes®! Here's what you can expect on Sunday at the Philadelphia Zoo:
- Gates and Registration opens 7:30 AM at Balloon Plaza
- Opening Ceremonies begin at 8:40 AM featuring MoreFM Philly's own Mark Shepperd and special guest emcee, actress Kristen Alderson
- Walk starts at 9 AM
- Raffle Area closes 10:45 AM
- Raffle Winners Announced 10:55 AM
- Closing Ceremonies 11:30 AM
**With your paid registration you will have access to the zoo until it closes at 5 pm**
- Weather: keep a close eye on the weather, dress appropriately and fingers crossed for sunshine! This event is rain or shine.
- Location: 3400 W Girard Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Parking: available at the Zoo Garage ($16). Wish families will receive 1 voucher for parking at the Wish Child Check-In Tent.
- Handicapped Parking: Available in Tiger Lot
- If you pre-registered online or by mail and received confirmation
- There will be 5 tables will be organized by last name (A-D) (E-L) and (M-Z)
- Participants who raised at least $50 prior to Sunday will receive their official Walk for Wishes 2017 at check-in
- If you did not register before Sunday there will be 2 tables available for those who need to register onsite. Registration fees can be paid by cash, check or credit card and are:
- $30 for adults (ages 12 and over)
- $10 for youth (ages 3 to 11)
- Official Walk for Wishes 2017 t-shirts will be available to purchase for an additional $25
- Raffles: bring cash or card to be able to enter for a chance to win any of the 33 amazing raffle prizes we have received!
- Games: As well as, games will open in the morning with registration …there will be crafts from Presenting Sponsor Cheap Caribbean, corn hole, giant Jenga, bracelet making with wish kid Katelyn, and pumpkin bowling!
- Prizes and games: from radio station 101.1 More FM Philly (PLUS Morey the Monkey!_
- Yoga: will be in the lawn area before the opening ceremonies commence with Ms. Erin
- Vendors: breakfast bars, fruit and snacks will be offered as well as java from our Official Coffee Sponsor, La Colombe
- Social Media: we would love to see your beautiful faces enjoying the day so be sure to tag us in your pictures, videos and stories. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Snapchat (@MakeAWishPHL for all) and use #walkforwishesPHL
Did you know that our presenting sponsor Cheap Caribbean has kicked in a team fundraising grand prize? They are offering an all-expense paid trip for 2 to Playa del Carmen! Any teams who raise $5,000 or more will qualify to enter and you have until our Walk for Wishes in Delaware closes to raise that money! Go to your participant center to get started and we can't wait to see you Sunday!