Walk for Wishes events are approaching and it is time to start signing up and raising money! It’s easy and quick and we’re going to walk you through it:
- Go to philasv.wish.org
- Click on “Ways to Help” located on the upper-right side of the page
- Scroll down and click on the picture that says “Walk for Wishes”
- Select the walk(s) that best meet your schedule and/or location and click “Register Online Today”
There are three registration options: start a new team, join an existing team (you’ll be able to search for the team by name), or join as an individual. Remember-if you start a team, you will be the captain. Simply follow the instructions and fill out all necessary information including a team name and fundraising goal.
Things to note
- There is a fee of $25 for adult walkers over the age of 12. If under the age of 12, it is free to register.
- If you are a new participant you will need to create a username and password.
- If you raise $50 or more, you get a free t-shirt!
- Once you register yourself, you can register family members.
Once your team is set up, go to the Participant Center where you should fill out your personal page. Tell about who you are and why you have decided to become a team captain. Make sure to add a picture!
Fill out your team’s page. Give an idea of the relationship you have with one another, your purpose in participating, and your fundraising goals. Add a picture if you can!
Follow the tips for fundraising. These include watching a video, sharing your team page on Facebook, and sending emails to family and friends. The site has a layout for emails already available for your use.
We would love for you to post your favorite Walk ideas to our social media pages and tag us (@philadelphiawish on Facebook; @MakeAWishPHL on all others)! If you have any questions at all, send an email to email@example.com. Thank you for your fundraising efforts and for your involvement with Make-A-Wish® Philadelphia, Delaware & Susquehanna Valley-we can’t wait to see you this fall!