The best way to ensure that your team raises the most funds possible is to start early! It is never TOO early to begin fundraising. Here are a few tips to kickstart your fundraising!
1. Personalize your fundraising page. Did you know that a personalized fundraising page receives about 500% more donations than a standard page? Customize yours today to tell your donors why you are Walking for Wishes!
2. Share your personalized fundraising page with friends and family. An awesome way to get the word out about your team’s fundraising pursuits is to share your fundraising page with friends and family. You can do this by sharing your fundraising page on social media or by reaching out to friends and family over email or the phone. Ask those who you share your page with to share it with their friends and family! The more shares, the more engagement your page will get!
3. Reach out to local businesses. Local businesses are always looking for new ways to help serve the community around them. Send letters and emails to local businesses around you asking for donations to your fundraising team. You’d be surprised at how many will agree to donate!
4. Partner with restaurants and retail stores. Many restaurants and retail stores offer opportunities to fundraise with them by donating a portion of their daily sales to your cause. Some examples of restaurants that do so would be Chipotle, Cold Stone Creamery, and Kiwi Frozen Yogurt. Find out similar restaurants and retail stores near you!
5. Sell old clothes for money. There are a lot of great sites looking to buy your old clothing items, regardless of whether you’ve worn them or not. A few great sites include: Poshmark, ThredUP, and Tradesy. Plato’s Closet is also a great store to bring your clothes to if you do not want to deal with shipping. It also has several locations to choose from!
6. Hold a yard sale. Dig through those old items in your house that you don’t use anymore and hold a yard sale! Yard sales are a great way to raise extra funds and make use of items just sitting around your house!
Don’t be afraid to reach out to us for help with these fundraising ideas, or if you have any other questions about fundraising. We can always be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (215)-654-9355.
Still need to register for Delaware’s Walk for Wishes? You’re not too late! Register now, at: http://philadesv.wish.org/walk. We can’t wait to see you this Fall!