At Make-A-Wish®, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. We are an inclusive and diverse group of people who, through a mosaic of backgrounds, thought and experiences, are united in purposeful work.
Director, Major Gifts
We are seeking a Director, Major Gifts to support individual and major gift fundraising efforts. The ideal candidate will work to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individuals capable of making major gifts across the Chapter’s region. He/She will be an enthusiastic fundraising professional who is eager to build the base of support in the region and is a self-starter who will play a lead role in expanding and deepening our supporters’ connectedness and involvement across the chapter.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President of Development to establish annual major and principal gift fundraising goals across the region and develop strategies to execute and achieve those goals.
- Identify, qualify, and cultivate prospective donors for major gifts, personally managing a portfolio of prospects across the chapter.
- Reach out to potential new supporters for one-on-one meetings and conversations. Clearly communicate the vision, actively listen, and then working closely to engage them.
- Conduct and manage all stages of the gift cycle: initiate contact with potential major donors; develop appropriate cultivation strategies; move potential donors toward solicitation and closure; manage ongoing engagement and cultivation.
- Manage and grow the Planned Gift strategy for the chapter.
- Participate as a contributing member in diverse chapter-wide Development and Program team initiatives.
- Manage and keep updated regional donor and prospect’s portfolios within Raiser’s Edge.
- The successful candidate will be an exceptional relationship builder who can recruit and engage a diverse set of individuals, companies and funders. They will bring creativity, entrepreneurial energy, outstanding interpersonal skills, and a commitment to professional fundraising ethics.
- Ten+ years or more of individual major gift fundraising experience with a record of measurable results in personally identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual donors for support.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships; track record of building a strong network to support a cause or product.
- Motivated, independent, organized self-starter with demonstrated time-management skills who is a team player.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Availability to work some nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel within chapter jurisdiction and occasional national conferences or trainings.
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office products as well as Raiser’s Edge.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Please send resume and cover letter to Susan Zehren at email@example.com