At Make-A-Wish®, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. We are an inclusive and diverse group of people who, through a mosaic of backgrounds, thought and experiences, are united in purposeful work.
DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR – DELAWARE
We are seeking a Development Director, Delaware to lead fundraising efforts in the state of Delaware. The Director will work alongside the VP of Development to create and implement short and long-term fundraising strategies to meet the needs of Delaware – including events, corporate and community fundraising efforts, with a specific focus on major gifts. He/She will be an enthusiastic fundraising professional who is eager to build the base of support in the region and is a self-starter who will play a lead role in expanding and deepening our supporters’ involvement in Delaware.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President of Development to establish annual fundraising goals.
- Identify, qualify, and cultivate prospective donors for major gifts, personally managing a portfolio of prospects in Delaware.
- Reach out to potential new supporters for one-on-one meetings and conversations. Clearly communicate the vision, actively listen, and then work closely to engage them.
- Conduct and manage all stages of the gift cycle: initiate contact with potential major donors; develop appropriate cultivation strategies; move potential donors toward solicitation and closure; manage ongoing engagement and cultivation\
- Secure renewed and new corporate partnerships.
- Support internal and external events and seek new areas of funding to support these.
- Participate as a contributing member in diverse chapter-wide Development and Program team initiatives.
- Implement a multi-year fundraising strategy for sustainable growth across the state. Work in collaboration with the VP of Development, development staff, advisory council and board members to set and execute on these goals.
- The successful candidate will be an exceptional relationship builder who can recruit and engage a diverse set of funders. They must have major gift experience and a clear track record of success in this area. They will bring creativity, entrepreneurial energy, outstanding interpersonal skills, and a commitment to professional fundraising ethics.
- This is not a position that will run a Development Department; but rather be the lead fundraiser in Delaware for our chapter’s Development Department.
- 7-10 years or more of development/fundraising experience, preferable in Delaware.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships; track record of building a strong network to support a cause or product.
- Motivated, independent, organized self-starter with demonstrated time-management skills who is a team player.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Availability to work some nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel within chapter jurisdiction and occasional national conferences or trainings.
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office products as well as Raiser’s Edge.
- Residence in Delaware is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
Please send resume and cover letter to Susan Zehren firstname.lastname@example.org