Fundraising Idea: Yard Sale!
Are you having a hard time reaching your team goal for Walk for Wishes® 2017? Or you just want to boost your donations so you can qualify for that amazing all-expenses paid trip for 2 to Mexico donated by our sponsor CheapCaribbean.com? Well we’ve got an easy fundraising idea for you!
Everyone is guilty of holding on to things we haven’t touched in years. We all have that favorite shirt from 2013, those dusty books, that old bike, that brand new game still in the box, or that workout set from your News Year’s resolution (oops). These things clutter up our garages, our basements, and our drawers. It’s time to unload with a yard sale!
- Make sure the week leading up to the yard sale you post flyers all around the area. Even consider doing a big sign with an arrow at the end of your road.
- Make sure people know the proceeds are going to your local Make-A-Wish chapter! (Put it on the signs!)
- Provide refreshing lemonade and cold water for your shoppers.
- Get the whole family involved, and it doesn’t hurt to bring out your cute dog!
- You can even get together with neighbors and friends who want to declutter as well and ask them to donate their proceeds to your team!
- Inform your shoppers about Walk for Wishes and encourage them to register as well! Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like flyers to hand out!